Orientation required before classes?

I have some friends that are interested in talking classes at Asmbly. Do they need to take the New Member Orientation class before signing up for other classes?

Classes are available to the general public, but if they wanted to join asmbly or use any of our tools (apart from class time), then they would need to take the orientation and of course pay for the membership.

At least that’s my understanding, correct me if I am wrong @valerie @David

3 Likes

That is correct. We’ve started putting doorbells up shortly prior to classes to help nonmember students get in.

3 Likes

Thank you!

I think the doorbells are primarily being used for orientations thus far in part because we don’t have a central storage available yet for teachers (pending the OpenPath lockers) or a good onboarding/training process to communicate things like this.

Classes are available to the general public but to schedule equipment use after the class you have to be a member. You are correct that to become a member you must take the Orientation class, sign the member waiver form and pay for membership.

2 Likes

I took the Orientation and Facility Tour w/ Ashley on 2/13/2023, but it doesn’t show as “Attended” on my Events Registered page. How do I get this fixed so that it’s not a problem when I join Asmbly?

Email membership@asmbly.org and the team will help get you sorted

Hi Frank, we do have the Orientation recorded but looks like the waiver is missing - if you have already signed it can you please re-do with the exact formatting of the email you used to create your neon account? Thanks! E-mail us at membership@asmbly.org if you need anything else.

Ugh, yes I forgot to do that. I’ve now signed it. Thanks for the quick help!

1 Like