OpenScan 3D Scanner Presentation & Demo on Saturday at 9

There will be a Presentation and Demonstration of the OpenScan Mini 3D Scanner this Saturday October 28th from 9-11 AM in the ASMBLY Multi-purpose Room (MPR).

I’ll be presenting why and how I chose to build a small open source scanner (plans available from https://en.openscan.eu/). I’ll show examples of how I used it to scan miniature figures, create 3D meshes and print them. I’ll demonstrate the step by step process that I go through to use this device.

Hope to see you there.

5 Likes

We’ll have coffee and pastries at this event as well! Thanks for doing this demo @bwatt, this is going to be a really good one :awesome: :3dp:

2 Likes

Food AND a Demo - nothing stopping us now! Thanks @valerie.

2 Likes

Thanks for a great presentation @bwatt! I loved hearing the story of how you got into this and other approaches you tried. Very very cool and fun seeing the whole process start to finish!

3 Likes

Oh also, @bwatt I meant to ask if you’ve ever tried acetone smoothing on 3D prints? I’ve never tried it, but have seen some videos on it and it looks really promising

1 Like

@valerie most of my printing is PLA and it doesn’t react well with Acetone. However, acetone is highly effective for smoothing ABS but it requires a more limited printing environment that is heated

1 Like