On the Red Laser, the Z-AXIS needs to be on, always!

Hello! The first week we were re-opened back in mid-May there was an issue of the the Z-AXIS settings on the Red Laser left off. As it was explained to me and a small group of other users at the time, the Z-AXIS should always be ON. You can tell it is on if square button next to the word for this category is orange-ish red and toggled to AUTO. Also, the Z-AXIS values you type in will show up in that channel. Even if you choose to pre-load your settings say, off of a zip-drive each time you start a cutting job, you’ll need to make sure that Z-AXIS is ON.

My question to @dannym and @mcmancuso , is there any other situation where it is ok for it to be toggled OFF? I am asking because either it is a mistake - it just got toggled off accidentally - because it was toggled off when I came to use it this morning OR someone didn’t know. The Z-AXIS was toggled off on the black color channel. At any rate, I heeded the “always use Red with the Z-AXIS ON!” directive and toggled it to AUTO.

Just a heads up to others when encountering the Z-AXIS issue on Red!
Thanks!

1 Like

I can’t think of any scenario where you would want it turned off.

1 Like

Hi Matt, this is Marie Kosta. I am scheduled on the red laser today June 25 and need to cancel that appointment due to a sick dog issue. I hope you get this in case you want to start early.

1 Like