No more Miller TIG welder (REPLACED WITH NEW ONE!)

Great. Let me know if I can help. Are they full of argon?

I think they are partially filled. I came to weld the plate for the both tanks, and wheels. I lost motivation to do it.

If you want to sketch out your idea, and if materials are available, I’d be willing to try to do it. I’m still fairly new at TIG and I’m not that great yet. But come to think of it, You taught me. So if it looks like poop I can just blame you :grinning:

1 Like

I was at the space doing something else. I got done a lot sooner so I modded the tig welding cart. It is mostly done. If you @Fmartin could make handles like the regular mig welding cart. That would be awesome.

The black bottle is for tig welding. The orange bottle is for mig welding. I have set the flow rates.
I will be by to finish the bottle holder this weekend. You can start using the tig or mig as long as you have been trained or have a sign off.

1 Like

Could someone laser cut a nameplate that says “Tig” and “Mig” to hang on each bottle to lessen confusion. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Will do @JoeN. I’ll stop by metals4u and pick up some square stock. I’m guessing it’s about 1/2 inch?

1 Like

yes sir

I did make the holders. I did use 1/2 in.² tubing. It looks like the previous one was three-quarter inch. I think half inch is plenty strong to hold what it needs to.
I did not weld them to the cart like the other one. I wasn’t sure if you were finished modifying the cart yet.
Also I thought about mounting one of them perpendicular to the other. The one on the Mig Side I would turn 90° from the other one so that the cables could be mounted parallel to the side of the Miller 220. This would not work on the other side as it has an access door that needs to open. I would think mounting it the same way as the other mig welder would work. This would also discourage wrapping both sets of cables over both forks.
I spent a lot of time running around getting supplies before I started and ran out of time and energy. I can mount them tomorrow if this plan sounds OK to you.

thank you. I am not messing with the front of the cart. Go ahead and weld it. Be aware that the door for the mig wire opens on one side.

After a couple of iterations, 00 I finished the design and mounted the holders. I made them adjustable to slide in and out to allow panel access to the MIG wire. I made two hand tighteners in a piece of three-quarter inch tubing to tighten down on the half inch tubing. This allows you to slide the holders forward or even take them all the way off.
I did this because with the multi process welder, when you’re using one gun the others are still mounted on the cart and in your way if they’re mounted like the other cart. With the other cart you’re using everything that is stored and it’s not in your way. I originally had some hinges attached to move them out of the way but decided to cut them off and install slides instead.
Because the half-inch tubing was too small to mount the welders pliers, I will do the three-quarter inch piece of tubing on the forks to mount them. I donated a second set of pliers and left them there.
After all the design changes and grinding off all design elements, it’s not the prettiest, but it’s functional. Here are some pictures

2 Likes

4 Likes

Thanks for doing this @Fmartin. The cart looks great!

2 Likes