New member, no OpenPath

Hi folks,

I sent an email to membership@asmbly.org but haven’t gotten a response so I figured I’d ask here too.

I’ve taken the orientation and facility tour, signed the waiver, and have paid for my membership. Should I have gotten an email with info for getting access to the building?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Chris,

You haven’t received an OpenPath invite because I don’t see any record of your attendance at the facility & safety your. If you could forward me your confirmation email from the sign-in sheet (not the class registration - Neon just shows you signed up) I can get you activated.

Hi @Jon, that may be the issue. I took the orientation and Facility tour with @r1b4z01d and I don’t remember him asking us to sign a sign in sheet. I’ll reply to my previous email with the confirmation.

Forwarded directly to your email @Jon

@r1b4z01d can you confirm that it was you I took the facility tour with? I showed you photos of my cedar strip kayak build while I was there.

I’m supposed to come in this afternoon for the Woodshop Safety class, concerned I won’t be able to get into the building.

This is correct, if you goto the workshop door (same as you did the other day) and knock @Joshcross should be able to let you in. If I am there around that time I will be sure to look out for you.

I just updated your account to check off that you did the facility tour so you should also be getting that OpenPath email shortly. Sorry about that!

Thanks @r1b4z01d and @valerie!

Wanted to follow up with access as well. I’ve did the walk through and orientation, woodshop safety class, and signed the waiver. Please let me know what I need to do. Thank you
Patrick
Patrick@pscustomwoodworking.com

Patrick’s problem was the facility tour attendance sheet - he was filled in with an alternate email address, so it didn’t match with the rest of his member records.