New equipment suggestions /poll

I was in the shop a bit ago and Shane was talking about potential new machines. Any thoughts on replacing the older Sawstop with a sliding panel saw?

2 Likes

We talked about it maybe 18 months ago and decided it wasn’t worth the floor space, especially given we already have the vertical panel saw and track saw.

1 Like

Unless youre talking the european sliding kind. It would be a good idea to reconsider. But the learning curve would increase for folks to get used to a new versatility or way to cut. Orientation class would have to longer (two very different machines), and safety risk would increase as people are not very familiar with this kind of saw. I dont think real state wise or foot print would change much. If youre talking about the accessory Sawstop sliding table, is not worth it. Gets on the way alot, requires a lot of set-up, and at the end of the day if is not level, is not accurate. If you want versatility to cut angles/miters on the table saw, get yourself a good Incra or other brand miter. Otherwise, i cannot think of a benefit of a sliding table saw in a maker space.

2 Likes