Modeling Board Materials Question

Hi All,

Can we use the table saw at ASMBLY to cut dense coraform for architectural modeling?
Here’s the board:
https://www.freemansupply.com/products/machinable-media/modeling-styling-boards/freeman-m-4000-modeling-board

Thanks.

1 Like

I do not have experience with this material. I suggest if just cutting a big sheet into manageable pieces, use the panel saw. The proper way to find out is by putting the saw stop in “bypass mode,” if during the cutting process the light flashes, it would have activated the cartridge but ASEMBLY DOES NOT ALLOW THIS PROCEDURE (did the caps make it clear?). Another options: track saw, CNC, bandsaw, other version of hand held cutting power tool.

1 Like

I cannot find a definitive yes or no on this material. A good alternative would be the track saw. One way to test the material is to power on the saw but do not start the blade. You can touch the material to the blade to see if the red light flashes. That red light means to brake will trip. One cause of a trip is the presence of metal or other conductive material. Ask a steward to assist with the test.

2 Likes