Miter Saw Out of Square [RESOLVED]

I wanted to use the miter saw this morning and when I checked it for vertical square (plumb), it’s off by a good 1/8 inch at the bottom of the saw blade. The saw head needs to tilt to the right but it’s already at the fixed stop—I’m not sure how to adjust it.

I chose not to use the red tag feature as the saw is functional for rough cutting to length, albeit not plumb.

I’m not sure whom to tag to make the adjustment, so I’ll leave to the shop stewards to make the arrangements. Please let me know if the correct process for making this type of notification.

1 Like

I’ve noticed for a while that the head tilt stop is not quite the correct vertical anymore. But the head can tilt in both directions, so setting a true vertical is definitely possible. The instructions for tilting in different directions are printed on the saw; the process isn’t complicated but isn’t immediately obvious.

1 Like

The saw was adjusted and corrected by Jose a couple of days ago. It will now go to 0 and will hold it’s position in all other angles when the compression lock is engaged.

5 Likes

Thank you Jose for fixing the saw!!! And thank you Shane for updating this thread.