MFT Router Table - Needs a spanner + inserts

It would be good to get another spanner and inserts for the MFT router. I did not see anything nearby. Of course you can go get that stuff from the other router table, but not when someone is actively using it, which is why I was on the MFT table in the first place.

I was also not crazy about having to use the power switch on the router itself. It would be good to get a separate power switch.

What exactly is a spanner and inserts? Spanner as in wrenches? And inserts for the router plate?

I always hoped someone would make a router fence for that thing. Or even like you said, hook up a safety switch for the router. But the truth is nobody uses that router.

Wrenches are certainly purchasable.

Yes, I mean the inserts for the router plate and the tool you use to tighten them. It could be that there is no demand for a second router. Or it could be it is hard to use, because these items are missing.

The power switch should be added regardless.

Right now, we have a fully functioning router table (which reminds me that I need to post on the latest rebuild). There are times where more than one person needs the router, but most of the time, it is available. The existing router table has dust collection, which is important.

The router and lift on the MFT table was an extra router we got when we bought the main table, and installed our existing lift. Switches, fences, upgrades, etc., are not currently planned. If someone wants to make a proposal, and put the effort in to getting the build completed, that would be worth looking at. A piecemeal approach, where someone builds a fence with no dust collection, or someone else puts a switch on it is not a good path. If we approve the proposal, we’ll pay for the materials and components.

Here is a link to the proposal template.

3 Likes