Metal Storage Clearance

Despite my original intentions to be utterly merciless in clearing this area, there were a few things of obvious value that I moved into the new storage. The clock is ticking on these items too; they get one more week maximum.

The items in question:

This heavy 90 degree corner vise seemed far too nice to have been left on accident. It has been put in a storage bin with a tag.

I know “JMA” put a lot of work into these pieces. They didn’t fit in any of the new storage locations, so I put them on top of the cubbyholes, with an exemption noted. There were also some other loose parts with your tag on it; they are in one of the storage bins. (I don’t know if I found all the pieces, and there may be extras.)

Sundeep Arole, the item you made in the advanced welding class was moved to a storage bin.

Finally, there was a large cast iron piece that looks like part of a shop machine; its origin and purpose are unknown, but I felt such a potentially valuable piece shouldn’t be so readily disposed of.

If these items aren’t claimed and re-tagged by next Saturday, they will be disposed of, despite their apparent value.

A few items in the storage area were moved to more appropriate locations:

Matthew Huntingtdon, the MDF piece you inexplicably stored in the metal shop was moved to the woodshop sheet storage where it belonged I did not re-date it, so it is at risk of immediate disposal.

An Asian Blade Runner t-shirt and a water bottle were put on the lost and found shelves by the MPR room

Savanna and I then went through the considerable volume of remaining material We claimed a lot of material for Asmbly use, for classes or potential projects here.

And now the moment the circling metal vultures have been waiting for: everything remaining, everything shown below that is sitting on this metal cart, is now up for grabs. These items (and only these items on the cart) can be taken by anyone for any purpose. They will be available here for at most a week, possibly less. What remains will then be recycled or thrown out

2 Likes

Toss it. Use it. Do what you want with it.

1 Like

That was yours? Were you trying to get rid of it? Is there something wrong with it?

1 Like

I was hoping it would be useful to someone in the metal shop area. So it was mine, I was trying to get rid of it, and there was nothing wrong with it.

3 Likes

We will put that to use then!

1 Like

Oh, there was another item I rescued for a week extension, now in a bin with a warning tag:

That 4 bushing and two shafts on a plate looks like it could be of use. Before you toss it, ping me and I will adopt it.

1 Like

It’s owner claimed them in time.

Thanks, Ethan.