Metal Shop Volunteer Day, August 2026

We will be having our monthly metal shop volunteer day on Saturday, 8/22, from 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm. There will definitely be painting and carpentry to do, among other things.

2 Likes

Savanna @SavHarvey and I want to thank everyone who helped out today. Turnout was high and a lot got accomplished. This includes cleaning the welding helmets and the welding area, re-labeling the recycling bins, replacing some broken trim on the east entranceway, priming and painting most of the exterior of the fiber laser room, mopping the whole shop along with other general cleaning, helping me take items down from the attic storage, and painting the laser welder room. Thanks to Matthew Evans @Argorine, Talida Jocata @tali, Gustavo De Levante @gdelevantep, Derek Rebernik, Gianna Coffman, Kasif Gilbert @klgilbert, Ryan MacWilliams @RyanMac, Darren Dunphy @Darren_D, and Aaron Hachez for all they did today.

Darren and Aaron were the MVPs today, doing the second primer coat and the main top coat for the laser welder room. Thanks to them, the room can be re-assembled tomorrow. We will run the second iteration of the test class this week, and should have the first certification class on the schedule shortly thereafter.

I also wanted to thank everyone who came in July and June. I dutifully wrote all your names down and then lost the lists before I got around to posting. :man_facepalming: I learned my lesson and didn’t wait to post this time. Thanks again.

1 Like

Ha! And as soon as I post the mea culpa, I find the attendee list from June. Thanks to Al Watson @atwatsoniii, Darren Dunphy @Darren_D, Ian Forbes @en4bz, Ryan Lemert-Smith @rlemerts, Julie Rosser @Julie, Kasif Gilbert @klgilbert, Anthony Chirieleison @Anthony, and Sundeep Arole @isospin for coming to the June Volunteer Day.

I didn’t write down names in July; there were a lot fewer people there. But I certainly remember Darren Dunphy priming the entirety of the new storage cubbyhole system. He’s been the painting star for two months now.

The mea culpa is the unbanishing spell!

1 Like