Maker Market '23?

Curious if there will be a 2023 iteration of the Maker Market at Asmbly? I really enjoyed the experience and learned a lot last time around.

4 Likes

Yes! We were just talking about needing to get a planning committee started to get preparing for this year. Any interest in being a part of that? Having vendors involved would be really great so we can make sure we’re structuring it in a way that best serves them!

CC @Jordanva2 @Allzman

1 Like

Yep - happy to pitch in! Are there any preliminary dates in mind? Volume might be higher in Oct/Nov as compared to Dec.

1 Like

It’s early enough that we can take our pick. I think November pre-Thanksgiving could be a really good time!

2 Likes

Let me know when you plan to have planning meetings and I’ll see if I can pitch in too. I had a great experience last time!

3 Likes

Yes, I’m happy to help! I think pre-Thanksgiving would be a strong timeline to aim for - that way we can be a little ahead of the Holidays when it gets super hectic, + maybe people attending will be in Holiday shopping mode

3 Likes

I would love to help with this! I’m a new member with a little bit of experience organizing events. Seems like this would be a good opportunity to get more involved. Let me know when y’all start planning to plan :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’d be interested in helping out with this as well! I don’t have a whole lot of experience planning events, but happy to help out where I can. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey y’all! We’re getting ready to plan the 2023 Maker Market + I’m excited to see expressed interest in getting involved! If you have interest in helping with the planning of the event, please fill out the attached form. We look forward to working together to create another successful Maker Market!

Let me know if you have any questions!

@cam @lindseyt @HannaKessler @SteveW

1 Like

Ruh roh

Fixed! It looks like the Asmbly Google Workspace is set up to default forms to only those in the Asmbly domain. I adjusted the settings for this form and will look at the global admin level settings later.

Awesome, thanks for fixing that @valerie !

1 Like

Hey y’all!

Thanks for all of the interest in planning this year’s Maker Market! I’d like to remind everyone to fill out this form if you’re interested in helping with the planning of the event if you haven’t already:

We are going to be hosting a planning meeting on Tuesday, August 29th @ 6:30pm @ Asmbly to go over initial details. There will be an orientation going on at that time, but we will keep our meeting primarily in the Textiles room to stay out of their way.

Let me know if anyone has any questions. I’m excited to start planning with everyone!

1 Like

can the meeting on 8/29 include Zoom? I have kid duty that night so I won’t be able to make it into the shop

Yes! We’ll make it hybrid.

Reminder that this planning meeting is being held tomorrow

Can you share the zoom link?

@SteveW just sent an email and a meeting invite to you and everyone else on the list that includes the link :slight_smile: