Maker Garage Sale : Electronics Workbench Edition

Cleaning up my workshop and workbench

Hey all you makers. As you might expect, between being a maker and one of the co-founders of the hackerspace... I have collected a LOT of stuff over the years into my workshop, and specifically into my electronics workbench.

The COVID-19 pandemic has given me an opportunity to use my own garage workshop more, and some motivation to spend some time sorting, checking, and cleaning the stuff in it. It also means that I have taken inventory... and like many tinkerers/hackers/makers... I have more stuff in my workshop than I need ... but I also find I need some things that I don't currently have!

This means it's time for me to do a once-in-a-decade "Electronics Workbench Garage Sale" to take care of both of those problems hopefully at the same time. The YO!ASMBLY forum should work pretty well for this.

What I'm going to do is post a picture and a description/condition and what I'd like to get for each item on this topic.

If you're interested in an item, reply to that particular item in the thread or send me a private message on the forum. When they sell, I'll mark them sold in the top post ( I assume I can edit my post after.. if not, I'll say "item sold" as a reply in the thread )

It's going to be a fairly eclectic mix of things with a range of value

125kHz Keyfobs, Reader, Arduino-Compatible SpiderBoard v1.1 : $25

Arducopter v2.8 Mega APM + M8N GPS + 3DR FPV Radio Telemetry : $50

• Comes with shock absorbers and mounting plate
  • Unline APM 2.6 does not have onboard compass… perfect for quadrotors
  • GPS/compass module gets satellite lock in <10 seconds
  • 3DR 915Mhz Telemetry set for QGroundControl / MavLink

Turnigy/FlySky 9X Radio Control w/ RV9X v2 radio module & receiver : $50

• V2 firmware update, correcting many flaws of the previous 9X, plus inbuilt 2.4Ghz this is a quality, reliable 2.4Ghz system suitable for beginners and pro pilots alike.
  • Added backlight ( see photo ) for highest clarity for day and evening flying/control
  • Comes with 9X8C v2 receiver and uses AA batteries. Can optionally take a LiPo cell from HobbyKing.

Orange TX DSM2 6-channel Receiver : $15

• Compatible with most DSM2 transmitters with easy bind

BeeLink Pocket P2 PC Stick w/ Windows 10, 2GB RAM, 32GB eMMC, 128GB SD card : $40

• Beelink POCKET P2 micro PC
  • Windows upgraded to Windows 10, 2021 May update, and has active license
  • CPU: Intel Baytrail T Z3735F Quad Core
  • RAM: 2G
  • eMMC: 32G
  • 128GB SD card included ( Drive D: )
  • Requires Micro USB power supply, at least 1A

Seagate Momentus 250GB Laptop Hard Disk : $10

Echo Auto w/ air vent mount, new : $20

• The power of Amazon Alexa in your car. Never opened, brand new, ready to use.
  • Connects to the Alexa app on your phone and plays through your car’s speakers via auxiliary input or your smartphone’s Bluetooth connection.

Two HID ProxPoint Plus 6005BGB00 modules : $30

Particle Photon IoT Wi-Fi Dev Kit, NEW : $15

100KHz USS USB Smoothstepper 1.2 board w/ Screw Terminals : $30

• USB variant of the Mach3 ( NOT Mach4 ) compatible Smoothstepper board
  • Works, and was used to test software on a CNC for a day or two
  • What you see is what you get… just have the board
  • Documentation: USS (USB SmoothStepper)

BeagleBone Black C3 1GHZ Cortex A8 w/ 512MB ram, USB, Ethernet, HDMI : $40

• The mighty BeagleBone Black is a powerful little beast
  • Plenty of RAM and eMMC to install and run Linux
  • TONS of GPIO to control things
  • Power supply included

T12X Intelligent Hakko-style 120W Soldering Station : $40

One left available

• Hakko T12 style soldering station made by “STP” - STM32 uC w/ shake-to-wake
  • Unpacked once for testing and calibration, then put away, basically new
  • tip heat range is 150C-480C, gets to 300C in 8 seconds
  • comes with Soldering station, 907 handle and 3 tips : T12-K + D16 + JL02
  • also comes with the stand for the handle.

Segway i2 w/ two InfoKeys, 1717 miles : $1000

SALE PENDING

• Yep. It’s a Segway. Recently replaced the tires and the elastomeric gears.
  • Comes with two spare elastomer transmission gears ( hard to find )
  • Batteries are Rev AF and work. They have about 80% of original range.
  • Comes with two InfoKeys, and a bag of spare parts and accessories
  • Also comes with the Segway Bag ( which hangs off the handle )
  • Kickstand has been installed and is a handy addition

Ubiquiti UAP-AC-PRO 802.11ac Dual-Radio : $100

• Dual radio dual-band ( 2.4/5Ghz) 802.11ac WiFi Access Point
  • 1300 MBPS data rate with one HELL of a range on this thing
  • 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and support for PoE
  • Suitable for indoor AND outdoor use
  • Chip shortage has made these hard to find
  • PoE 48v injector if you need it, FREE with purchase

appro1

Ubiquiti Edgerouter Pro 8 : $300

• Used to port BSD to the EdgeRouter Pro, original firmware restored/updated
  • Powerful datacenter-grade router with matching capabilities
  • Runs EdgeOS and is compatible with the UnfiOS cloud configuration system
  • Can statefully inspect 2 million packets per second
  • Ubiquiti - EdgeRouter™ for more info

Inventables Carvey CNC w/ bits & tools : $1500

• Carvey is CNC set to “easy” mode w/ automatic homing and easy clamping system
  • FULLY CAPABLE CNC machine that can mill wood, plastic, aluminum, and more
  • QUIET cutting DC spindle and enclosure makes this a cnc you can use in an office space
  • Takes a wide variety of Kyocera-style CNC bits, available from Inventables.com
  • Comes with a full set of work clamps, bits, and tools
  • Works with a variety of CNC software, made to use Easel ( https://easel.inventables.com )
  • Like new condition, ready to use, with spare wasteboard and spare homing system
  • Manual here : https://carvey-instructions.inventables.com/

Intel NUC i3 d34010wyk w/ 16GB RAM, 256GB mSATA, Win 10 Pro : $100

• This is my little “workhorse” Intel NUC computer, used to control various CNCs and 3D printers over time
  • Fully SSD, only a tiny fan, as silent as it gets. Makes a great little Plex Media server.
  • 4x USB 3.0 ports, 2x SATA ports, 1x Gigabit Ethernet, IR Remote support
  • Will include a Mini HDMI to HDMI cable since they are a bit hard to get now
  • Intel NUC Kit D34010WYK Product Specifications

NodeMCU 1.0 Breakout + ESP-12S : $30

• ESP8266 NodeMCU 1.0 development board breakout
  • Breakout board regulates 6V-12V down to 3V for the ESP-12S
  • Excellent for prototyping your ESP based IoT “thing” or embedding

STM32F407 "Black Pill" Development board : $30

• Arm 32-bit Cortex-M4 CPU
  • STM32F407VG datasheet
  • Compatible with PlatformIO, easy to use, SUPER powerful 32bit development board
  • Many 3D printers are based on this chip, and it’s got a lot of peripherals built in

SpiderBoard V1.1 Minimalist Arduino : $5

26 boards available

SpiderBoard 1.1 is an atmega 168v-10-AU low voltage breakout board. Designed to be a minimalist and simple board, the pinout matches that of the chip 1:1.

The only added discrete components are a 16Mhz oscillator ( which you can disable to get two more pins ) and enough circuitry in the form of a resistor and a capacitor to keep the chip out of reset. You can also choose to disable that as well by desoldering the two components and then disabling the RESET programmable fuse.

This is, in essence, the simplest possible Arduino-compatible board. Full instructions are given on how to configure the Arduino IDE to use this, and the optiboot v8 bootloader is pre-loaded onto the chip for you. By default it uses only the onboard oscillator ( 8Mhz ) and can be re-flashed using an Arduino ISP or usbasp to be configured to use the external one.

DJI Phantom 4 Advanced : Full Kit w/ Battery, Spare Props, multi-battery charger : $800

• Perfect condition! Never crashed, flown only on occasion
  • 1 inch lens, 20MP sensor, 4K full frame
  • H.264 4K videos at 60 fps or H.265 4K at 30 fps, both with a 100Mbps bitrate
  • Intelligent flight modes, latest firmware! Draw, Active Track, TapFly, Return Home, Gesture mode.
  • This is one seriously awesome piece of flight hardware from DJI.
  • Supports high speed, high capacity SD card ( 128GB tested on this drone )
  • Requires an iPhone, iPad, or newer Android phone (not included) to run the DJI 4 flight control software.

2 Likes

More items coming… just need to organize them.

Updated with a lot of new items. Still working on testing a bunch of RasPI boards and some other computers and such. Will add them as I go along. If you haven’t checked out this post in a couple days, check out the new items.

We could use the fanless NUC. Would be good for the Windows VCarve machine put in the shop by the CNC.

We could use the fanless NUC. Would be good for the Windows VCarve machine put in the shop by the CNC.

Can do. If you/ASMBLY wants to buy it I can easily handle it via Square / Venmo / Paypal. I’ll mark the item as “pending” in the meantime here. Just ping me at martinbogo@gmail.com.

Asmbly is not be interested in purchasing any of these items, but if you are interested in making a donation of some things we’d be happy to provide a donation receipt for tax purposes.

Well, my purpose in having the Maker Garage Sale is to raise money for things I need vs/ things I have in the workshop and give people at Asmbly first stab at them since it’s a maker community.

I’m not really able to take advantage of any further donations/tax breaks for 2021. I’ll remove the hold/pending and make it available again for someone to purchase.

No worries, just clarifying on behalf of the organization.

1 Like

Benchtop Power Supply Sold
Pi4 Aluminum case sold
10x SpiderBoard v1.1 sold , 40 left

Added a BUNCH of new items, removed sold ones.

I’m planning on taking a bunch of my Maker Garage Sale items to a block sale this coming weekend. If there is anything in particular you have interest in before this weekend, please message me here or email me before so I can set it aside for you.

I will be putting these items up for auction on Monday on eBay. If you have any interest in an item, please get in contact with me before then.

I’m interested in the Soldering iron if it’s still available @martinbogo

SOLD

Bluetooth Keyboard
T12 Soldering Station
EKEN 4K Action Camera
14 SpiderBoard v1.1’s ( green )

PENDING SALE

Segway i2

All the items I have listed here are now listed on eBay. The eBay prices are higher ( obviously, due to the auction/paypal fees ) …

If you want something, ping me. As items sell off on eBay I’ll edit the main post and delete it and note it here in the comments/replies.