Made a thing using new mug heat press

Check it out, y’all: I used the new sublimation printer and mug heat press to make a thing:

Sadly made it left-handed on accident but now I get to look at the image while I drink my coffee. :sweat_smile:

On another note, the textiles room got pretty fume-y while the mug heat press was working. I felt a little bit bad because there were others working in there at the same time. Has there been any discussion on improving the ventilation in there?

4 Likes

Ventilation is under discussion!

Mug looks great. Thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

That’s awesome! There’s also the option to m
Move the small mug press to somewhere more open when using it. At DMS we had all the presses on carts that could be rolled out of the small digital arts room and into the bigger general crafting space, and the mug presses are tiny so they didn’t even need a cart at all.

1 Like

The laser room exhaust passes behind the textiles room. It seems like we could move the fumey stuff (the two presses) to that end of the room and tap into the “closet” for exhaust. I don’t have the skills to put all that together but am willing to help if someone else wants to take the lead.

4 Likes

I think this is what @stepho is working on. You should connect with her @lukeg!

1 Like