MACHINE SHOP [mostly] OFFLINE!

Hi All,

The Tormach, drill press, Do-All, and horizontal bandsaw are down until we get power hooked back up. The Mill is still available for use.

On the bright side, the new lathe is uncrated and in position, ready for leveling and run-in.

9 Likes

It’s so beautiful. Well done to all at the work day

4 Likes

Do we have oil for the headstock? @Jon

Not yet. I discussed picking some up at Home Depot with @EricP and @mkmiller6 but now that I think about it again I’m not sure anyone volunteered to actually pick up the the oil :confused:

(oddly enough, Home Depot has ISO32 oil for a remarkably low price)

I was going to order @mkmiller6 was going to pick up. They didn’t have the stuff at the HD Barbara Jordan So I will pick up and drop off the wire and Oil

1 Like

Thanks.

Sorry if I missed it, I’ve been MIA for a while, but will the new lathe require a taking another metal lathe class? Or will there be a re-cert class?

Probably :slight_smile:

It’s currently under discussion whether we’ll have a re-cert class like we did for Red->Tarkin, or just a video lesson. In addition, we might do a “lathe II” class that covers threading and maybe a few other techniques we couldn’t do before.

1 Like

“Threading” would absolutely be something I would be interested in. Both large ACME-style threads and small watchmaker-style threads.

Is the drill press still waiting for power to be hooked up? I’ve created a pcb but, I still need to make the holes. I’m trying to decide whether I should venture doing this with a hand drill at home or use something more consistent like the drill press.
Thanks

As of last night, the drill press, Tormach, and Lathe are energized. The Tormach and lathe still need to be leveled, but the drill press is ready to use.

2 Likes