Looking to Donate

Hey ASMBLY! I am declaring bankruptcy on my project tools in my shop and I’m ideally looking for somewhere to donate these tools/projects/parts that they would serve a good purpose, but also just need these out of my shop. Each will be scored 1 to 10, 1 being this is basically parts, 10 being this is nearly or actively functioning tool.

These include:
1x Artillery Sidewinder w/ a duet controller Score: 5-6
1x Taz Workhorse Pro w/ a duet controller Score: 1-3
Chinese 6030 desktop cnc with an OpenBuilds Controller, beefy water cooled spindle and rotary axis Score: 7
1x Dremel 3d printer Score: 4
Anycubic Photon Mono X w/ wash and cure station: 10
Steel frame with steppers installed for an IdeaPrinter F100L Score: 1

All of these have copious amounts of accessory parts, extra extruders, belts, fans, etc etc etc.

This is all equipment I cut my teeth working on, there’s probably about $5k in total between all the equipment and accessories. If I can’t donate these somewhere, they are going to end up disassembled for parts and put into bins, so really looking for a way to give all this equipment that I learned on some new life.

Happy to provide more info!

2 Likes

Can you say more about the CNC router? / photos?

1 Like

Hi, Elli! Very thoughtful of you to offer us an opportunity to benefit from your donations. Let me discuss this with the board and I will get back to you shortly.

1 Like

@JRO

Here is the spindle on the machine:

It is wired up to a OpenBuilds BlackBox motion control system BlackBox Motion Control System - OpenBuilds Part Store

And here is a photo album of everything except the Dremel 3d Printer

I don’t see a link to the photo album

Woops!! Here’s the album

1 Like

This looks like a fun community project or ‘Build a CNC/3DPrinter SIG’. Do we have space at the maker space for another small CNC router or 3D printer project? It seems like we do.

@elli_joy After discussing this with our leads and board, we are going to have to decline your generous offer. None of these fit in with our available space and processes. I’m not sure if you are required to donate these to nonprofits or if you can make them available to just anyone. If not restricted, there may be members on this forum who would be interested.

Thank you again for your offer and we are sorry your business did not pan out for you.

Thank you @Snestle ! There’s a little bit of clarification here on my language, when saying I’m declaring bankruptcy on these projects, I simply meant that I’m giving up on all my project tools, not that my shop went out of business! Apologies on that!

I am really curious how I can go about offloading these that doesn’t end up with a bunch of parts in a landfill or a box in my shop.

If not donating to ASMBLY, I’m open to giving away all of this equipment, with the exception of the CNC and the Anycubic Photon Mono X - those two I would like to sell for some small amount.

A little more context about these projects:

IdeaPrinter F100L Frame - FREE This is a really interesting printer, and was actually the first 3d printer I got back in 2017. This is a CoreXY printer and the build volume is quite interesting with 2 ft of Z height and an incredibly sturdy steel frame. My intention was to outfit this printer with a dual extrusion head to really make the most of the intense z height with soluble supports on very tall intricate models.

The Artillery Sidewinder FREE is a bit of a frankenstein printer at this point. I outfitted this machine with some additional z support with the angled rods on the back of the frame to help with vibration. I can’t remember if the stock extruder is on the machine or not, but I have a E3D Hemera Revo I was intending to install. It comes with a TH3D EZABL as well. The ribbon cables were relatively recently replaced. I am having some issues with the x endstop, but I believe with a little TLC this thing could be printing and ready to go.

Dremel Printer FREE - this was given to me by a friend who’s office had bought it and then never used it. Pretty sure it works???

Taz Workhorse Pro FREE - This is honestly the saddest of the bunch. I bought this from an individual who did an incredible job upgrading the mainboard to a Duet 2 Wifi. I’m not sure what happened along the way of my ownership of it, but I spent many, many many hours trying to figure out issues with twist in the print bed/frame, going so far as to completely disassemble and reassemble the frame. I have several additional extruders for this and it also has the lulzbot magnetic build surface. That said, it is basically parts right now, would require a lot of love to restore to function.

Chinese 6030 Desktop CNC $900 - I got this brand new off craigslist during the pandemic. it was initially packaged with a single speed dremel style toolhead. I upgraded the controller to an OpenBuilds BlackBox controller, installed the 1.5kw water cooled spindle, and added a z probe. This has a rotary axis that I’ve never used, but it works quite well. It may require a tiny bit of tramming (I cut the mounting plate for the spindle on another cnc) and calibrating of the steppers, but I’m pretty confident everything is +/- .2mm. I would be happy to offload this for $900 to recoup the cost of the parts I spent upgrading it.

Anycubic Photon Mono X $250 - I’ve added a somewhat precarious heater to the enclosure for printing viscous resins/during winter that works great. I have the wash and cure station with 2 extra washing containers, and I have an extra resin vat, and the print bed has a matterhackers Layerlock surface adhered to it. This machine also works great, but I just need the space reclaimed for a larger resin printer.

Elli,

I’m interested in the Dremel. I’m also happy to learn that you or your business is not bankrupt. Happy New Year!

I would be interested in the IdeaPrinter F100L Frame. The 2’ of Z height is also very intriguing to me. I think your intention of adding soluble support with a second head is a great idea.

Can you provide pics of this? The price is a little rich for me but maybe I can find a use for it.

If the rotary axis is usable I’m especially interested; I would love to fuck around on something that isn’t Asmbly’s Swift on my way to fucking around on the Swift’s rotary.

Okay, I’ve offloaded all the free equipment.

@Iammikecohen photos I are im this album: Looking to Donate - #6 by elli_joy. I don’t intend to separate the rotary axis from the machine, they come as a bundle.