Looking for Learning/Mentoring Opportunities in Furniture Design and Making!

Hey there everyone, new here at Asmbly and to woodworking as a whole. I’ve made the decision to pivot full time to this meditative craft and am looking to learn as much as possible! I’ve got a full large shop setup that I’ve been putting together for the last couple months, only problem is I don’t “REALLY” know how to use most of the tools properly. :sweat_smile:

I am consuming as much as possible on YouTube, but easily get lost and distracted on too many things. I learn best hands on in person and I’m open to any kind of shadowing or volunteer type stuff and/or any sort of mentoring that might be available within the community. :pray:

If you guys have any suggestions or leads please feel free to reach out and connect! I’m quite flexible and adaptable with my schedule and currently live in South Austin near Creedmoor.

I’m here to learn and create beautiful things, let’s collaborate and make! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Specific Skills I’m Interested to Learn:

• SketchUp
  • Joinery
  • Router Usage
  • Reclaimed Furniture Construction
  • Rough Cut Milled Lumber Projects
  • Epoxy Resin/Wood Tables and Desks
  • Comfy Lounge Chair Builds
  • Custom Wall Shelving
  • Shop Furniture/Cabinetry/Jig Making

Namaste,
-Corey

Email: Corey.putney@icloud.com
Mobile: 713-569-3885

If your interested in epoxy, check out Steve’s class. Highly recommend it, learned a lot.

DM’ing you