Lightburn import fail

I have a design I created in inkscape. I’ve tried exporting as svg and as pdf, and in both cases when I open it in lightburn, the red ovals show as outlines. I tried opening the svg in ai (where it looked fine) and exporting as pdf, with similar results.

The svg can be downloaded at engraved_box2.svg - Google Drive

It should look like
but when I open in lightburn, one or more items in the red layer show as outlines instead of being filled in. All I’ve managed to do is change which of those items is filled or not filled.

Also, the circle under the large 1 should be identical to the other circles - the properties are the same in inkscape - but as you can see in this view, it appears to use a heavier line, different color, or something.

Anyone care to take a look?

If you get really bored and want to cut it, I also wouldn’t object. It’s for asmbly, for the newest power supply in the e-lab. It’s designed for 3mm ply.

weird, looks good on my machine

does it look any different if you open this?

One thing I’ve observed is that grouping of vector paths can come through oddly when importing to LB sometimes. Combine that with the way that LB automatically fills closed regions in between path objects on the same Fill layer and sometimes things get a bit wacky – i.e. it might be doing the “right” thing from Lightburn’s perspective, but maybe not obvious at first glance why.

TL;DR: When weird stuff like this happens to me on LB import, I generally try mass un-grouping objects, then double-checking for duplicates/overlaps as well as that everything is really on the LB layer that I want.

LB also supports some configurable drawing modes (up in the View menu, I think) that might help make it more clear what’s happening.

Finally, FWIW: I’ve had much better luck importing AI files to LB vs. SVG. It might seem weird, but if Inkscape supports export to AI, try passing through that intermediate format and see what happens.

That screenshot is not what it’s supposed to look like though - where your screenshot shows concentric ovals, it should be one oval that’s filled in.