Leather tool bag

If you heard hammering noises coming from the Textiles room over the last few weeks, it was me punching hundreds of stitch holes or otherwise just working on this project – a leather tool bag measuring about 12" x 9" x 5":

I used Dieselpunk.ro patterns for the bag and shoulder strap, slightly modified for the custom inner panel and the hardware I used. The leather (6-7oz veg tan + 3oz suede) came from Tandy and the hardware from Buckleguy.

This was also an excuse to get myself a stamp/brand, so I ordered one from this store and it turned out great:

It took about 18 hours of work. I’d say I won’t make something as difficult to stich ever again, but… I’ll almost certainly do it again.

8 Likes

Looks amazing, and thanks for the breakdown! Was nice meeting you the other day as well.

1 Like

Thanks @peter.c – likewise!

Incredible :heart_eyes: One please

1 Like

Brava Brava Brava !!! Great heirloom piece!

1 Like

It was great to meet you the other day!

Wow! This came out so nicely! Well done!

1 Like

This is absolutely stunning! Brilliant workmanship and design—congratulations on your beautiful creation :call_me_hand:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

Thank you all for the kind words :slight_smile:

It looks amazing!

1 Like

That is absolutely beautiful. I want to get into leatherwork at some point.

Not only is the project itself beautiful, but your pictures of it are as well. I really would like to learn how to take better pics of my projects at some point…

1 Like