Laser SIG Sunday April 7th 11:00am

Hey all!
A new month a new Laser SIG (Special Interest Group). If you’re interested in laser cutting or curious to see what people are making swing by the Laser SIG on Sunday April 7th at 11:00. We meet right after the CNC SIG, which starts at 9:00am. Make it a double header and show up for both!

We’ll do a little show and tell so bring your latest project and questions about Laser cutting!!!

Looking forward to seeing you there!!!

1 Like

Is the Laser SIG open to the public? I vaguely remember some of the other regular meetups being so, but wasn’t sure if Laser SIG was different.

The Sigs are open to anyone.

I meant to make a post on Sunday or Monday, but the eclipse changed all my plans!

The SIG meeting was awesome as always! There was merriment and donuts and valuable laser information!

@michleon100 asked the group about how we could make the SIG a resource to the community and opened the floor to brainstorming about what everyone would like to see at future meetings.

Everyone seemed to agree that it would be great to share tips and learn more about Lightburn. There are lots of cool features to learn, and troubleshooting methods to share! So many that it would be cool to feature one or more per meeting so we all benefit from finding all the magic buttons and menus in Lightburn.

We also decided that picking a theme would be a fun way to inspire folks folks to experiment with mediums and techniques they might not normally use.

The theme for the next SIG meeting will be Rastering on Wood! (or was it just rastering in general? I don’t trust my notes…)

It’s a loose theme, and there’s always scrap to experiment with, so have fun vaporizing wood with light! Get creative and take some chances! (not with safety of course, never take chances with safety!)

I look forward to seeing what others learn and come up with, these meetings are always inspiring!:v:

1 Like