Laguna CNC's Update

This is something I’m also really wanting to fix in the laser shop as well. Those desktops in there were never meant to have more than a keyboard and mouse on them.

2 Likes

I will hold off on designing. Let me know if Asmbly needs metal cut for the new organization system?

I think a compartment that can be mounted into the side of the cabinet to be secured is good. Maybe like 60% the height of the object it holds, or something around that, with 45 degree on the side to a slightly taller back panel. Here’s a rough sketch in case I’m not describing it very clearly –

Do you have a finished design? I can cut it

No, but I could throw something together that’s more exact in Sketchup if that works for you. Does this concept seem reasonable/good to everyone?

Seems cool to me. I’m going to make a mesh bottom so dust will pass through. I will wait for input and final design.

2 Likes

@JoeN Do you mean actual mesh, or steel cut out in a mesh pattern?

I guess I could cut a pattern. I’m just going to use expanded metal

As long as the mesh is strong enough to handle some weight, that seems good. If needed, could add some solid straps of metal for reinforcement between the long edges. I’ll draw up the model here in a little bit. I don’t have the dimensions of the specific caliper case we have there, but I’ll use mine at home and add a little to it.

OK, confirmed this design with @jamesfreeman or the toolbox holder. I’ll email you the Sketchup file @JoeN. I gotta work on other stuff and don’t have my calipers handy to measure for the other holder. I’ll do that one later.

1 Like