Kaleidoscope Class (This Fri!) Discount

Hey fellow makers!

Tommy Thomas will be sharing his passion for Kaleidoscopes this Friday at “Make at Rosie”*

We’ve added a discounted ticket option ($75) at checkout

Participants will work under the WONDERFUL Tommy Thomas, a master kaleidoscope artisan, in an all-beginners welcome (16+) single session, in which they will decorate the barrels, learn about and use front service optical quality mirrors - high-clarity professional precision glass! And highly customizable for people to make their own unique and intricate changing patterns through the eyepiece.

*Make at Rosie is a small makerspace that champions women and gender queer makers and warmly welcomes all members of the Austin Community!

3 Likes

@ashleyrlee Is Make at Rosie a nonprofit? Their website doesn’t say that, and I couldn’t find them on a 990 search.

They just opened in January under new owners and a new structure.

Will you consider changing Discourse’s “reply too quickly” parameter

How did you learn they’re a nonprofit? It’s not on their website, and it seems like a weird thing to omit if it’s the case. (Also, isn’t this them?)

regarding “reply too quickly”: I can’t find a rate limit setting specific to replies. DM me a shot of the error message you saw and I can investigate further.

Come to Tommy’s Kaleidoscope class on Friday and you can speak to one of the owners directly, clear up all these questions you have! I saw the mirrors that he’s using and the image quality is gorgeous, you will have a great time!