Judging interest in an assemble your own Ender 3 workshop

Asmbly purchased 5 Ender 3 3D printers last year to have a workshop where people would assemble them together and then take home the finished products, but there was no follow through. We are not sure that all 5 will be working or complete, and since there is no ability to return one at this point, we would offer 4 seats and keep the last for parts if needed, or assemble it and keep it in the shop. The cost of the workshop would likely be around $200 and be 3-5 hours. We will also need to find someone to lead the workshop.

Thoughts? Interest?

2 Likes

I’m willing to lead such a thing. I have owned two Enders and four Prusas (still own three).

We can set up a time to let me inventory what you’ve got and I can probably recommend whether to go with 5 seats or 4 based on what you have and the provenance you can provide.

@tomthm this workshop might be of interest to your nephew

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll pass it along.

Doesn’t seem to be any interest, so on to plan B - Selling them.

What is the price?

What level of experience with 3dp is necessary? It is on my list to learn but haven’t gotten that far yet.

To be fair, it is a long list

I think 3dp is accessible to everyone. The base knowledge and settings is pretty easy. The higher learning happens when a print fails or the printer fails. Also adding internal supports and then learning how to design parts for printing.

Later on you start playing with exotic materials and wild print settings.

The price is $95.

I would be in both for the class and the purchase.

Unfortunately, there hasn’t been enough interest expressed to provide a class. If you wish to buy one and assemble it yourself, I am sure there are plenty of people here who can help with any issues.

1 Like

I could really use some help in general figuring out how to use our printers. I have no idea how to get started and that’s after taking the resin class.

Youtube has a lot of options for projects. You might also just create a posting in this forum addressing your question(s) or desire to learn more and maybe shadow someone on their project. Starts with any project - the key is starting and practicing what you learned as soon as possible after taking the class.

@0xKruzr I’d be interested to collab on a project. I’ve not taken either class yet but have printed filament at home. Before anybody @s me about needing to take the class, of course I will do this if a collab or project comes together.

@Snestle are any of these left for sale, and if so, where are they posted?