Is there a domino class?

I recall when I took my orientation that if I wanted to use the domino tool I’d need to take a class. Is this still the case? I don’t see it on the calendar to sign up for.

Hey @rrs, yes this is still the case! We’re working to get more of these on the schedule and aim to have at least 1-2 each month.

CC @mkmiller6

Ok, thanks! I see it now. Idk what my challenge was.

I would be happy to give a domino class once a month on a regular schedule.

1 Like

Thanks @Vmikes! We have a curriculum for this class so if you can connect with @David he can review it with you and get you cleared to teach the class. We’d love to have more instructors so we can guarantee a set schedule for this class!

1 Like

Excellent. I’ll speak to @David

Hi Mike,

I am going to be out of town from Sunday through Friday. If you are interested in teaching Domino class we can get you set up quickly with a walk through from me then a teach back from you to me. My schedule is flexible the week I get back and can meet you at the site most any time.

The class is basically structured around understanding how the tool works and how one may make several different joints where the instructor demonstrates the proper method and students repeat that cut. We use scrap wood and 4mm dominos for the class.

Let me know what looks good on your schedule.

David

Hi Dave,
Wonderful. My schedule is open when you get back, except morning of Tuesday 21st. I can otherwise come in to ASMBLY at a time convenient for you. Shall we say Wed 22nd after 10 am?

Hi Mike,

Sounds good, will see you Wednesday.

David

Excellent. Wed 10 am.

Mike

Uggh!! I just checked my schedule. In interim I have made another appointment that will cash with that. I can’t make Wed at 10 am. I could do the afternoon though.

No Problem,

I will move that to 2pm on Wednesday. Let me know if that works for you or you prefer an alternate time.

David

Thanks Dave.
2pm Wed is good.

Dave
I have not heard back about scheduling a regular domino class. Could you please remind me who is doing the scheduling and maybe drop them a note?
Thanks for your help with setting up the curriculum.
Mike

Hey Mike,

We’ll get you setup and onboarded as an instructor here shortly (likely later this week). Keep an eye out for an email from me. After that, we’ll get you on the schedule.

If you ever have any questions about education/class stuff, feel free to send an email to classes@asmbly.org. That will go to the whole education team and we can get you taken care of.

Matthew
Thank you so much!
Mike