Is Abrasive Blaster Working?

Can someone please check for me whether the abrasive blaster is working today?

I have a longer journey, so don’t want to make the trip if it’s still awaiting expert eyes.

Also, I booked time against “General Metal Shop.” Is that the correct slot for the blaster?

TY!

I don’t know if anyone has gotten to working on that; I suspect not unfortunately. (I don’t know how it works even if I could get up there before this evening.)

General Metal Shop is fine for the blaster. (Though you don’t need to sign in the General category if you are booked somewhere else in the metal shop.)

1 Like

I haven’t been able to look at it yet, and won’t be able to make it in today unfortunately.

I believe @JoeN might be able to take a look tomorrow, but if not I’ll be there on Saturday.

OK - thanks for letting me know. I’ll try again next week.

Abrasive blaster is now working. I will post more about the fix later on.

1 Like

Oh great. Thank you!

There was garbage in the mixing valve. The sifting screen was set too high. It should sit against the bottom of hopper to catch large debris. I also back flushed the siphoning line.

2 Likes

@JoeN it worked fine for me just now. Thank you so much again.

I wore the nozzle down considerably. I’m very sorry about that. Is that a failing of my technique?

I will of course be happy to pay for replacement.

1 Like

No need to pay. We have more nozzles on the top of the blaster cabinet. To change it: unscrew the cap, remove ceramic nozzle, install new nozzle, and reverse your steps.

The nozzle is a consumable. I want to look into a boron carbide nozzle or turn some metal nozzles for more durability.

I’m happy it is working.

1 Like

Oh that’s good of you. I’ll go and change it now. Is there any other cleanup I should do before I leave?

(I did a bit of a wipe down on the outside)

3 Likes