Interest in a Blender 3D modeling class?

Looking to gauge interest in a class to teach basic modeling and sculpting in Blender. Blender is free and open source, which makes it a great option for makers looking to create something artistic to 3D print. Blender is not “CAD” in the sense that it is not designed for engineering and has limited export options (doesn’t really have a good way to export a vector for laser or CNC) but is great for creating models for 3D printing, as well as renderings and use in video games or other projects.

For this class, it would be in person in the multipurpose room. People would need to bring their own laptops with Blender installed. It doesn’t need to be a fancy gaming laptop with a ton of RAM or a GPU, pretty much any modern or semi-modern laptop will work for what we are doing.

If you haven’t already, check out Blender here:

2 Likes

I’d be interested. I’m pretty familiar with other types of 3D modeling i.e. solidwork and fusion, but I’ve been interested in Blender for it’s more artistic abilities.

I would be interested too. It would be great to get at least some kind of start on how to use Blender.

Kinda interested