How to Sell on Amazon / Jungle Scout

Hello maker-space entrepreneurs. Ever wondered,
“What could I build today that would be a guaranteed-selling product?”

One useful source of this data is Amazon’s online marketplace. Using 3rd-party tools like Jungle Scout, you can search for products that are trending this year, this month, or this week - and scope it into a topic area that you know a lot about. Frustratingly for consumers, these high-demand products are often built with the worst quality. That’s a huge opportunity for YOU and your business.

Remember: This is always a market for high quality products.

One easy and effective strategy is to use Jungle Scout to find “evergreen” trending products (or seasonal ones, holidays like 4th of July, Xmas, etc), or products related to a big event you know a lot about, like ACL - you know there is a demand. Read the 5-star & 1-star reviews on existing products to find out what customers like / don’t like about the product… synthesize the best ideas from several products, and then go design & build it.

Once you’ve got some product ideas, you can reach out to the ASMBLY Entrepreneur Lab team, who can help you define your ideal client persona, create a “1 page, 1 product, 1 buy-it-now button” commerce website, and then share the link to niche communities (e.g. on sub-reddits, forums like Hacker News, topic-specific Discord/Slack channels).

Experts suggest that you build a community around a product - one highly effective method to build trust in your community is to publish the product designs as open-source - leading to your community coming to you with ideas & improvements.

Interested? Learn more:

What is Jungle Scout?

How to use Jungle Scout’s Opportunity Finder to identify top products in a niche & uncover high-demand keywords.

If there is enough interest in this tools & approach, we could do a workshop / webinar on how to use the tool. I know that @Maz is familiar with Jungle Scout and several other related tools. I have access to Jungle Scout - reach out if you’re interested in running some queries and checking it out!

Happy scouting -

// JRO

5 Likes

JungleScout is hosting a webinar next Thursday @ noon CST. Let me know if anyone is interested in attending, and I can share an invite. You need an Amazon Seller Account (about $35/mo) to register.

1 Like