HELP NEEDED: New stand for leather armor in the lobby

I need to reclaim the dressform that’s currently hosting the armor in the lobby. Would anyone be available to make a new stand for it? I thought about cutting a slot-together one on the laser, but maybe there’s enough scrap lumber lying around that I could purchase and hire someone to build something. It doesn’t need to be anything fancy, just a stand to hold it up. Any help or suggestions welcome. Thanks!

2 Likes

If needed, Asmbly can reimburse for materials for this (must discuss price beforehand so we know what we’re reimbursing :slight_smile: ). Thanks for continuing to let this beautiful piece live in the lobby @Sarah:heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

Here is a Medieval one, It would not be super difficult to create. I can make it but I will need a couple weeks with my work schedule. Let me know :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It definitely doesn’t need to be anything special, but if someone wants to make a fun project out of it, I’m all for it.

I have no problem making this, I can make something cool, I just wanted to make sure I can do it in the time frame that you need your dress form back? Which is assuming you would be waiting on me to make the new thing before you remove the armor from it, if there is no rush or we are just going to store the Leather Armor for a few weeks, I’ll take care of it.

2 Likes

I have a little bit of time, actually. I’m trying to plan ahead for once! And yes, if we need to put I in storage for a while, that’s fine too.
This is exciting! What do you need from me or @valerie ?

1 Like

This looks great!

I don’t need anything, I have some scrap Maple or Walnut I can use. I’m just finishing up a router table extension for my home shop but I should finish that up this week or next. When that is done, I knock this out. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@valerie @Sarah

I’ve just about finished up the thing I was working on and about ready to start on the armor stand. Was there anything specific either of you two wanted? I’ll probably go with Walnut, unless either of you would like to see something different. I was also thinking I’d add the Asmbly logo someplace highly visible on it, is the logo changing with the re-branding? Do we have a have a high res version of it (the new or the old) that I would be able to create the engraving / carving?

1 Like

Walnut sounds great and I think the new Asmbly logo will be a nice addition

Someone on the board should be able to help get you an appropriate high resolution file for the new logo

@griff0527 love the idea of adding the new logo! I will email you some files :blush:

How’s the project going and how can I help? I’m hopeful that the strike will be over soon and that I’ll be getting back to work! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hi Sarah,

Sorry I haven’t updated you recently. Shortly after I agreed to do this, the studio I work for basically shut down development of the game project I was working on. I’ve been spending a lot of time and effort finding my next job, so I haven’t had much free time for anything else.

I was hoping I could find something quickly, and jump right back on the stand, but after two months and lots of interviews I still don’t have anything solid. In fact there is a good chance that I may have to sell most my personal shop tools, just to survive this particular industry downturn.

I’ve been here before as the game industry has never been very stable, but “usually” I’m back to work within a few weeks, this time I’m not so sure.

Anyhow, sorry for the delay, if things happen to change soon I’ll let you know.

1 Like

Boy do I understand being suddenly out of work! Let’s just take this off your radar so you can focus on what’s important. Let me know if there’s any way I can support you.

1 Like

@Sarah I can help you make a new stand. Let’s get together and figure out the design.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry your going this Dan. Unfortunately, many people have experienced this sudden unexpected turn on to a road that we don’t where it’s going. If you do not have any objections, my wife & I will keep you in our prayers for a quick successful employment that meets yours and your family’s needs and that the provisions you need to sustain you, will be provided. In addition, that you will have peace and comfort.
Michael

1 Like