Grizzly 24 inch resaw bandsaw (Resolved)

The blade is trashed, and now the brake is broken. Parts will go on order tomorrow.

Is there an ETA on this fix?

Blades arrived yesterday, according to Laguna. Brake parts arrived today. It may be back together tomorrow.

2 Likes

Resaw is back together and cutting well.
The brake does not need heavy pressure when applied. Only light pressure should be used when applying the brake.

4 Likes

The foot brake is also not necessary for most uses of the saw. When these were first included on saws they were seen as an emergency feature. It is ok to allow the blade to come to a stop on its own or to leave it running for a little while between cuts. Planning your bandsaw work so that you don’t have to do a bunch of start-stop on the machine will greatly improve the life of the brake mechanism. I’ll add that the brake is one of the least impressive features on this saw. It takes much too long to stop and is clearly overmatched by the weight of the wheels.

2 Likes

fun fact: the foot brake can also just be used as an off switch. once it travels a certain (small) distance down it shuts the motor off.

if you don’t need it to stop faster, just tap it as you would the knee brake on the jointer or paddle switches on the table saws and let it stop on its own time

From the Manual.

1 Like

In spite of being shown the foot brake at least twice, I’m still not able to activate it and have been using and resetting the e-stop, instead. Hoping this new setup is easier to press.

The brake has been a bit problematic. I have questions in to Grizzly. On the smaller bandsaws, the brake is the preferred method to stop the motor and the wheel. The red button is the emergency stop. On the larger saw, the red button is there preferred method, and the foot brake is the emergency stop. Not confusing at all for saws that have identical control panels from the same manufacturer.

2 Likes