Garage door and large stuff

hi folks - would there be any objection in principle, assuming there’s room, to my backing my boat trailer into the space through the garage door in order to work on my boat? I’ll measure and such to confirm. no painting or other things that would make a mess, I just need to do a bunch of work related to installing wiring and trying to do any of this outdoors at my storage yard seems to be a recipe for heat stroke over the past few weeks and only getting worse.

2 Likes

I think stuff like this has been dismissed before, but I too would be interested in using the space for this. Provided it can be done in a manor where the space is restored to how it looked before. (Stuff that’s moved is moved back, leave no trace, clean up 110% etc).

Same deal here. No garage and heat stroke inducing weather is a crappy mix.

2 Likes

I think it perfectly fine to utilize that doorway/space for larger projects.
A couple of years ago that was the norm, then a coulle of people left messes and someone decided that we should do away with the capability to work on bigger projects.

1 Like

This is something we unfortunately can’t accommodate at this time.

When we decided to close the autobay and expand the metal shop, we made the decision to disallow that kind of work within the workshop. With the expansion of the metal shop, we also decided to maintain a walkway through the shop that allows people to bring materials in and out through the rollup door.

Even if the shop spaces were booked out in Skedda, boat trailers or cars would take up most of that area, preventing people from utilizing the rollup door and walkway.

For auto work, we recommend people check out the Austin DIY Shop. They have reasonably priced rental rates that include a lift bay along with all of the tools you might need. I’ve used them personally and it was a great experience.

3 Likes