Fusion 360 CAM & Design Changes

I successfully made my very first design with Fusion and I was able to CNC it on the Laguna. Yay!

One issue I had is that each time I made any kind of design change, such as changing a hole diameter, Fusion makes me reselect all the geometry for every tool path, even ones that I think should not be affected by the change. Is this normal? Surely it cannot work this way… I must be making some noob mistake. Has anyone else experienced this?

2 Likes

No, it should not be doing that. Assuming you have a 3d model that is driven from a sketch and to change a hole diameter you’re just editing the sketch and changing a dimension, you shouldn’t have to make any changes on the CAM side.

1 Like

Fusion tool paths do not update automatically with design updates as that would create a lot of unnecessary extra processing while in design mode. Any tool path that is affected by the design change will have a yellow circular arrow next to it. Unaffected tool paths have a green check mark. I generally select the setup and type Ctrl+G to regenerate all of the tool paths in that setup. It may ask if I want to regenerate tool paths that do not need updating, but this way is still faster than updating each tool path individually.

1 Like

These are red checkmarks, and it requires me re-select all the geometry for all the toolpaths. If it was just a matter of clicking generate that would be fine. I must have done something weird when creating the model, but I have no idea what that would be. This is what it looked like after I changed the radius of some of the fillets.

Looks like it lost the geometry relations somehow. Email me your file and I can take a quick look. charles@elementalwoodworks.com

1 Like