Finished Project: Patterned Plywood Mirror

Hey y’all! I know a lot of you saw me working on this project so I figured I’d post some pics of the finished product. I haven’t been in the shop a while cause I also made a YouTube video for this project and as I am not much of a video editor it took me forever haha. Here’s the video if you want to take a look! I Ruined My Project But Ended Up Making Something Way Better - YouTube

Time to figure out what I’m gonna make next…

13 Likes

That came out beautiful!

3 Likes

Very cool!

2 Likes

Saw the post you put on the woodworking subreddit as well. Fantastic work.

2 Likes

Sweet, better tag Michael Alm on that thing!

2 Likes

Glad to see the final project, and thanks for sharing. Very well done!

1 Like

Also, your whole headboard and nightstand situation is gorg!

2 Likes

Duuuuuuude! This turned out really great and so did your YouTube video!! As an avid watcher of makers on YouTube, I must say your edit was really fantastic and just about on par with some of the greatest, which is saying a lot being your first published build video. Seriously well done.

I’ll subscribe and like from all my accounts and we’ll share this on Asmbly social medias to point people to your channel! Looking forward to seeing your next one!

@ashleyrlee @CardonaComics

1 Like

Thanks!! Both made at asmbly in the past :slight_smile:

Wow, thanks!! There’s a few things I think I can improve on like getting different shots and framing etc, but it was fun to add another aspect to my projects and another creative outlet. i appreciate the compliments and promo haha

3 Likes

Amazing work! :star_struck:

1 Like

I was impressed by the number of different shots and framing you had. The pacing was really nice too. Seriously, your first build video looks like the quality of the pros’ 20th build videos from when they first started. There were a couple of audio moments here and there that had room for improvement, but a lot of that is the super difficult stuff like dealing with sound bouncing in a garage sort of thing. It got @torchedguitar wondering about whether there is audio software out there that can do some fancy DSP AI assisted processing to help deaden the sound after the fact (room treatments can be so tricky and sometimes expensive!). He had a homework assignment in college back in the day doing deconvolution to an audio recording to remove the echo/reverb/etc that got him thinking about that.

1 Like

Watched it last night and I concur, totally legit video. Keep doing what you’re doing!

There is some very expensive DAC plugins that can deal with some of that echo, but even those aren’t as good as a different room

If you keep doing it I would just get a good lav mic and you should be straight

4 Likes

Very cool & impressive!!

1 Like