Field Trip to Pioneer Farms' Blacksmith Shop 1/25

Hello makers! :hammer_and_wrench: Get ready for an unforgettable January field trip to Pioneer Farms, a living history museum offering classes in folk arts like weaving, sewing, archery, gardening, and blacksmithing!

:date: Date: Thursday, January 25th
:clock6: Time: 6:00 PM
:round_pushpin: Location: 10621 Pioneer Farms Drive, Austin, TX, 78754
:heavy_dollar_sign: Fee: $8 admission per person

:fire: Highlights:

• Tour on open shop night, when blacksmiths and others from around Central Texas gather just as they often did in guilds during the 1800s, to practice their craft, talk shop and learn new techniques.
  • Meet and talk with Philip, the master blacksmith.

:loudspeaker: Mark Your Calendars!
Donโ€™t miss out on this exciting opportunity to explore history and craftsmanship. Prepare for cold weather and feel free to bring any questions for Philip!

See you there! :rocket:

2 Likes

This is an awesome spot, I took a blacksmithing workshop here and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

I stole the idea for this field trip from you!

Iโ€™m unlikely to make it, but heartily recommend it: took a couple of classes there a while back and enjoyed the experience.

I also worked with Philip in a non-blacksmithing (i.e. corporate) setting and heโ€™s just an all-around great guy.

Iโ€™m excited to meet him and see the set up. Should be lots of fun!

This is going to be such an awesome field trip! Coming up this week yโ€™all!

Donโ€™t mind me - just daydreaming about what I would make with a blacksmith shop at my disposal :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Pioneer Farms Blacksmith Shop

2 Likes

This is tomorrow, yโ€™all! Mark your calendars if you havenโ€™t already. :fire:

2 Likes