Error Msg on Dorian

I’m getting a strange error message on Dorian this morning (25 May). Every time I try to send a job it beeps and I get “No enough extend space.” I’ve run this job before and it is only 21.5” x 4.8”. Any ideas what could be going on? Can’t get anything done. Thanks in advance.

I’m not sure if that error is indicating this issue, but try moving your workpiece further into the laser. The entire bed cannot be used, since the camera was installed.

Roger. I just moved it from about 6.75” to 10” same problem. I think you are right about it not reflecting the actual problem, I just can’t figure out what it is.

Check your origin placement settings. Also if youre rastering/fill in the left or right side edge, you have to slow it dowm enough so the gantry has time to stop and return.

1 Like

Figured it out. I had a fill path at 800mm/sec too close to the edge. Maybe not enough room for the tram to stop? Once I dropped the speed to 600mm it went thru.

2 Likes

Thanks to you both for the quick replies. You saved my trip in today!

1 Like

Yep, the “extend space” error is about clearance to slow down and change direction. Pesky mass and whatnot.

Slower speeds mean less overscan distance needed to reverse direction.

Glad your morning was saved!