EPROM programmer

I have a spare EZP2019+ I don’t need anymore. As soon as I verify the programmer I just upgraded to works, I’m willing to donate the EZP2019+ to the electronics lab. Any interest in it?

The software is available on the net, but a little tricky to install on later windows versions due to driver signing issues. But it seems to work fine.

Comes with an 8 pin SOIC clip and a few little adapters.

Unless someone pipes up with a use case, probably not. I can’t even remember the last time I burned an external EPROM standalone …

I’m actually interested in what you’re still using those EPROMs for …

1 Like

I’m not. My use case is that I want to dump off of existing eeproms. Specifically, I have a couple of SPI flash chips that I want to dump, and this has an 8 pin SOP clip that was perfect for that. The reason I upgraded is that it could dump ONE of those chips, but didn’t have support for the other one that I needed to dump, so I got a more capable programmer that could actually read them. It’s great at reading and programming 24 and 25 series flash chips, but not for the quad SPI chip that I wanted to dump.

Basically, if you’ve got a board with one of those small 8 pin flash chips, this will probably (but not guaranteed) be able to read and program it. It will also be able to read some (many?) of those flash rom chips that you’ll find on routers, motherboards, and other similar boards.

Any takers on the EZP2019+ yet?

Wolf

Nope. But I can bring it by probably tomorrow.

My Sister is coming into town tomorrow so can we connect early next week?

I work full time. I can put it in a corner of the electronics lab with your name on it.

Honestly, I’d have preferred to donate it to the lab, but since there seems to be no other interest, have fun with it. I’ll be glad to see it put to good use, anyway.

I left it in the electronics lab in a not hidden but out of the way place, in the rear left corner of the room on the shelves. If you can’t find it, DM me, and I’ll tell you where it is.

Hope you enjoy it!