Emergency Prep Class?

Just curious who all would be interested in having a chat about “doomsday prepping” or just emergency preparedness in general.

I’ve been a bit of a prepper for years, this last week has been a chance for me to check my gear and give some of it a try lol.

Would like to share some of my research and idea’s with others if interested.

This is mostly to gauge interest in hosting a class on it, and what topics people would like to cover.

[Disclaimer: I’m not an expert, I don’t have a-lot of experience, you should always do your own research and consider your own circumstance in any emergency planning]

I would be very interested in this. This week has taught me I have a long way to go for getting my emergency kit together.

Yes, this week has been an eye opener for alot of people.

And is a great chance to learn how to prep, seeing what issues you had this week, and learning what options you have in the future.

As long as “prepping” does not involve, stockpiling guns and buying up gold.

LOL

2 Likes

Nah, lol

I’d honestly prefer a crossbow and think gold is a poor choice for prepping.

This is more how to prepare for emergencies and natural disasters.

humble bumble with a bunch of emergency prep books.

-> https://www.humblebundle.com/books/survive-everything-skyhorse-books?hmb_source=&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_1_layout_type_threes_tile_index_2_c_surviveeverythingskyhorse_bookbundle

if your not familiar with humble bumble their kind of chairty program where, they work with a publisher to make E-books or software be available for cheap as a bundle, in exchange a portion of the proceeds go to a designated charity. They’re neat Ive bought plenty of stuff through them before.

Are we thinking more along the lines of a lecture or a roundtable?

Should definitely make a wiki page that says: “here is what to stock”… my wife now has a long list of the stuff we weren’t prepared for

I was thinking more of a round table.

I would give a small lecture on basic terms and concepts so new people understand what terms were talking about and the concepts were trying to cover.

Then I’d present what my recommendations are. Then open it up to broader discussion.

@doug.squires I’ve got lists lol, from 3days of backpacking. To 1 year of hiding in the woods