Electronics Dummy

I have a pallet of hydrofarm HPS grow lights that were going to be installed in my greenhouse. They are 277-400v dimmables. I have a 240v service but was going to use a phase converter because I got the lights dirt cheap. Realizing later that I was in over my head, I opted to order some different lights. I’m not so good with the electronics side of things. Are there any electronics gurus here that could tell me if it is possible to convert the lights to 208-240v? Otherwise, is there any use for the lights in the building or any benefit to the group to be had by bartering/donation of the lights?

Autotransformer

1 Like

Yeah, you have a voltage problem not a phase problem - you need a boost transformer, not a phase converter. Something like this Larson Electronics - 1 Phase Buck/Boost Step-Up Transformer - 240V Primary - 277V Secondary - 23.44 Amps - 50/60Hz They come in a bunch of different capacities - just size the secondary current for the load of your lighting circuit(s)

We don’t have a suitable electrical service at Asmbly either.

1 Like

Boosting autotransformers are much more cost effective that isolating transformers though

1 Like