Earn free membership! :awesome:

As you may have heard on this post – Help with AmplifyAustin "I Live Here I Give Here" Fundraising – we are participating for the first time in Austin’s largest fundraiser of the year. Fundraisers like this are what help drive the improvements you’ve been seeing around the space and they are also a great opportunity to get the word out about Asmbly!

To drum up some excitement and make a good showing our first year, we’re offering some awesome incentives to be Fundraising Champions for Asmbly.

Here’s what you can earn:

• Fundraise $250 - free month of membership
    • This will be awarded to everyone who raises $250
  • Fundraise $2000 - free year of membership
    • This will be awarded to everyone who raises $2000
  • Top # Donors - Asmbly swag bag, entry on ILHIGH plaque at Asmbly
    • This will be awarded to one person and can combine with either of the free membership rewards
  • Most Funds Raised - Asmbly swag bag, entry on ILHIGH plaque at Asmbly
    • This will be awarded to one person and can combine with either of the free membership rewards

So how do you do it?

Simply spin off your own fundraiser from our main ILHIGH page by clicking the fundraise button – Give to Asmbly Makerspace, Inc | Amplify Austin Day 2022. On your page, you can add your personal story about why Asmbly is important to you. What new thing did you learn here? How has the community impacted your life? What have you made that you never would have imagined before? If you want some more tips on this, you can checkout this page for more info.

After that, just share your fundraiser URL with others and let them know why this is important to you. Many companies do matching donations for ILHIGH. Be sure to mention this to people you talk and encourage them to check whether their employer does this. Remind them how big an impact a small donation can make when they use their employer’s donation matching (employers will have instructions to let people know how to do this). If you use Asmbly for your personal business, you might consider letting people know that donations help support your business (big time if you raise $2000 and get a year of membership for free!).

OK, when do I start?

NOW! Although ILHIGH’s main event is March 2-3, early giving is open now. You can start your fundraiser now and get to working towards those milestones to earn free membership and that sweet sweet swag bag.

What’s in the Swag Bag?

We don’t have an exact answer to this yet, but it’s going to be good. Lots of limited edition Asmbly stuff, some of which will only be made for this event (i.e. you will be 1 of 2 people with some of these items).

1 Like

If you’re a Facebook person, also be sure to RSVP to our Facebook event here. We haven’t nailed down a schedule or specific events, but we’ll be livestreaming at some point during the main event on March 2-3.

1 Like

Oh yeah and Amplify Austin has incentives for Fundraising Champions as well. They will be doing a drawing for this signed Fender guitar from ACL 2021. Every $500 you raise gets you 1 entry into the drawing!

Also, the organization with the most Fundraising Champions registered by 6pm on March 3rd wins $2,500!

Oooooooo, looky here at the leaderboard (bottom of the page)! Someone already earned a free month of membership! :tada: Well done @Devmani! @jamesfreeman is close to earning a free month as well :smile:

1 Like

I made a letter size poster for Asmbly for ILHIGH with a QR code to our profile page. Feel free to take this file and tweak it to link to your personal fundraiser page and whatever else you might want to customize. Font downloads available here.

FYI, it is not too late to be a fundraising champion! ILHIGH officially starts tonight at 6pm and runs through 6pm tomorrow. There are lots of employers offering donation matches so earning that free month of membership can be pretty easy – Is your employer on this list?