Dorian Wireless Controller

A wireless controller has been installed on Dorian. This is the same as the controller on Tarkin and should function the same.

4 Likes

So excited for this!!! Thank you @jamesfreeman!

Woot!!!

I love the wireless controller, but is it possible to tune the jog speed a bit? The slow setting is still pretty quick — or at least I have trouble getting a precision jog with just a quick tap of the button.

What I really wish it had was a precision increment selector like Danny’s large CNC remote had, such that you could tap a button to select the jog increment for a single click. (Setting the jog increment in real-world units is super-ultra bonus.)

I’m not sure of the different settings for the remote. Best I could offer is check for a manual on Cloudrays website.

1 Like

I was thinking about this more. Still not sure if the hand held parameters can be changed, but have you used the precision jogging in Lightburn? I know when you use print plus cut it opens up a control panel that does allow you to input distance moves. I’m sure you can get to it from another area, I just don’t recall that at this time.

Edit: May have found a better answer for you, but will need to confirm that at the laser. Stay tuned!

I adjusted the slow speed down, and actually bumped the fast speed up.

There isnt a way to add a specified step value that Ive seen, but you can use the “Move” window to do exactly that.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll try it out next round. :slight_smile: