Dorian acting wonky

I am having a couple problems with Dorian today.

Workflow annoyances:

• “Start” button in Lightburn not working, but “Send” works. (that’s how I use Tarkin, not sure if it normally works on Dorian)
  • After finishing a job, the origin seems to be updated to the endpoint of the job, rather than maintaining the previous value.
  • Highly sensitive to location on bed; my job is only cutting reliably in one corner, so I need to manually reset the origin after each job.

Unusable:

• After about 10 small jobs with the same file, same material (paper), same settings, the laser head is moving, the onboard screen shows progress, but the laser is not outputting enough to even mark the paper. I am currently experimenting with different settings and materials while I await my short-notice makeup appointment on Tarkin.

I’d need to play with Dorian to see if I could reproduce what your seeing but some initial thoughts:

Has not happened often but I have seen where I need to restart Dorian and/or lightburn if the Send button fails.

The origin problems sound like you might have lightburn set to something other than User Origin. Some one before you may have used a different setting. Might confirm that setting.

The laser not firing sounds like the chiller is not on or the lid is not all the way down. Since I’m guessing that is not the case it is possible that a sensor is not working. I’ll see if I can duplicate what you are seeing. I’ll also ask and see if some one else can try and duplicate what you are seeing

Michael

I was able to print a file with no issue. Computer has reset completely as a result of the automatic restore every day

It seems the chiller had shut down, I probably could have used the laser after turning it back on, but I had already moved to Tarkin by that point.

This happened to me the other day. Between cuts I had to make some changes to my file and when I went back to start cutting nothing happened.

Power cycling the chiller made it work again. I didn’t think much of it, assuming it was probably a power saving feature.

Issue number 2 has been happening for months, although I remember a year or so ago, the laser would return to its original start point after finishing a job. I don’t see any advantage in the end of the cut becoming the new origin

As it is now, if you need to recut a job, you’ve got to remember to choose “return to origin”, or something like that, in Lightburn.