DoAll not cutting mild steel

I assume the DoAll should have a relatively easy time cutting steel, no? I know last time I was given a walkthrough it won’t get to high gear, so I’ve got it on medium cranked as high as the speed will go, but it’s not really cutting at all.

Ideas?

Did you follow chart? steel will not be at the max speed that was for aluminum.
If you cut steel at the max speed it will ruin blade

I did, but I must have been reading it wrong? I spun the wheel to low carbon steel and thought it said 3300, but now I’m second guessing that. If I ruined the blade, I’ll pay for a replacement

330 sounds more accurate.

We can take care of the blade.

The main thing that would help out is just making a clearer chart (1sheet laminated)

Just pull the values for aluminum and steel off the dial and tape them to the machine

1 Like

:person_facepalming: 330 does sound more reasonable. I didn’t try for long, so hoping the blade is still fine. I’ll be at the space tomorrow and may try at a much slower speed.

+1 on a clearer chart.

The chart has normal and high speed cutting and few other types of cutting types. The chart has faded a bit. I went looking on DoAll site and didn’t find one.

The blade on the DoAll was dull AF, last week when I checked.

More speed is not the answer, that will kill the blade in very short order. Change out a new blade and run at a moderately slow rate, like 8-10 inches a second. If you don’t know how to operate the saw, properly, get Joe to show you the set up.

Peace, Wolf

We might one to have a “cheat sheet” to remind people of the best config for aluminum and steel in larger print.

But yeah, that blade has been dull for quite a while.

1 Like