DoAll blade status and notice

What’s the status of the blade on the vertical band saw?

Also, can we please post here about equipment outages like that? Getting to the shop at 8:30 am and finding no blade there was a shock that threw off my whole day. (The pieces were too small for the clamp on the horizontal band saw, and they were steel, so the aluminum chop saws were a no go. Is there an angle grinder in the metal shop? I didn’t see one, plus the cutting discs would certainly be consumables that I lacked without a trip home anyway.)

There is a Makita angle grinder. There was a diamond blade in one of the milk crates on it last time I saw it. You’ll probably want to pick up some cut off wheels. It had a Tool free hand nut on it. That’s the only one I know of. I believe it’s 4 1/2 inch. I may have seen a 7 inch grinder, but I can’t remember.
The blade on the big vertical bandsaw seems very dull. I was not able to cut mild steel on it right well at all. The horizontal bandsaw Cut it like like butter.

These are what we have now

https://wiki.asmbly.org/index.php/Handheld_Grinders

There’s also a Ryobi cordless that I didn’t inventory because we’re moving away from the Ryobi battery system.

I found one angle grinder with a marginally usable cutting disc when I searched later. There might have been more discs; I didn’t look closely.

I didn’t think to look at the time; instead I did the hour round-trip home and got my own.

In any event, I know the old DoAll blade was terrible; do we have an ETA on a new one?

Shouldn’t we just have a roll of bladestock and cut/weld it into a blade as needed?

It has a thingy for that

The blade welder has never been used since it has been at the shop. I’m rebuilding the blade sheer.