Do we have a large printer?

Hey! Probably a long shot, but I make a lot of really large (several feet wide) scientific posters for work. Do we have anything that prints really large stock in color?

Thanks!
Drew

1 Like

No printer of that type. Those are A Lot™️ to maintain and it isn’t something practical for our space.

3 Likes

I figured not. Thank you!

Dang. I came here to ask the same thing! I’m a teacher who would use one of these regularly and would be interested in learning and “championing” one if we ever got one!
I have large dry-erase group activities, wall decor/anchor charts, and and door decoration contest winning goals :slight_smile:

We’ve had a few large-format inkjets donated over the years, but we always wind up passing them along due to the prohibitive maintenance and/or consumables cost. To keep one running we’d have to charge per use and it’d be cheaper to just use Kinko’s

I guess the one thing I could see that might be useful would be a color laser capable of A3/11"x17".

They’re not prohibitively expensive, don’t have the failure modes of inkjets, but take up a big enough chunk of room that you really can’t keep them at home or in a small home office.

For example, this is probably about $5000:

The real question is whether this would have any utility to the space or not. I suspect that answer is “not”.

I have an HP Workgroup Printer that will do 11x17 that I haven’t used in a long time as well as some extra toner cartridges. I haven’t gotten around to pulling it out so I can get rid of it