Damaged spoil board on Large CNC

I was using the large CNC today and made an error while my file was running. I was attempting to manually slow down the tool path and inadvertently lowered the Z height from the correct level. I cut all the way through the spoil board in the front left corner of the board, a chunk about 8"x16".

Tony helped me understand what I did to make this happen, but obviously im happy to pay for a new board or towards a new board or whatever needs to happen. The Machine is still usable, however there is a chunk missing in that corner so users tomorrow may need to set origin in another location than the one which is obviously most convenient.

If there’s a protocol for how to handle this, admins please let me know. The steward on hand told me to make a post to get the process started.

Hi there! Here’s a slide from Orientation that has links to both the general donations page as well as the CNC donation page. Thank you for contributing!