"Credit" for completed courses?

Achievement unlocked: I am now officially certified to use some tools that can remove my fingers in a fraction of a second. Thanks Adam for a great wood shop class this morning.

Does ASMBLY track completion of prerequisite classes in my membership profile somehow? Can I “prove” that I’ve taken a particular course, or would I ever need to?

2 Likes

:mario_powerup:

Neon (our membership management system) keeps a record of all events you register for. We have a few integrations we’ve built to put flags in the system for certain items being completed, but we haven’t had the bandwidth to build that out further for machines and classes. It’s definitely doable, but not quite there. With the new door system we are working on getting set up, the dream of having “swipe” access to machines that you need clearance on to use is not so far fetched (albeit still a lot of money and work so not happening anytime soon :joy: ).

Anyway, short answer - having the event records has been our go to for checking so far. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My son and I are former TechShop members and took the MIG, and metal shop classes there. I had been using the Metalshop tool but now I can’t reserve the space because skedda is enforcing the class for registration. Which is fair. I am hoping to get a “crash” course for the metal shop tools basically someone to validate my existing knowledge) so we can return to using them. I’m happy to pay the course fee. Any chance of getting such a class on the schedule? Or can I know who the instructors are so I can try and set up something privately?

@JoeN is the Instructor for the Metal Shop and Welding Classes

What @dash3811 said re: the person to talk to on getting cleared for metal area.

Also wanted to mention that Skedda doesn’t actually have the capability to enforce class registration history or anything like that. If you’re having trouble making bookings in Skedda, email membership@asmbly.org so we can help.

This thread was more just talking about general records on people’s Neon profiles having notations on area/machines they’ve had training on. Unfortunately, Skedda doesn’t have an open API at this time where we would be able to integrate any info like that and the machine swipe thing I mentioned isn’t something we’re implementing anytime in the currently foreseeable future. We’re working on a lot of other items before revisiting a project like that.