Connect 4, lil help needed [COMPLETE]

Hey gang,

The giant connect 4 is cut and glued, @dingusfarms has painted the main face today at the shop:

What we need now is a handup from someone to spray it with the can of shellac that’s in there.

I’m currently out of town and Ashley has the kids tomorrow, so neither of us are able to finish that last step off.

It shouldn’t take a whole can, and doesn’t need any specific abilities other than knowing how to operate a can of spray.

Thanks to a willing human in advance!

1 Like

It looks so good!!! Yay. Have you tested it out at all yet?

1 Like

ive tested everything for fit, but i didn’t get to test it all assembled before i had to travel

ideally we both would have done a bit more with it if we had more time, but i think the group effort on this thing really made it possible!

It looks great! Thank you @HannaKessler for making the design files and super big thank you to @DirtHurt and @dingusfarms for the countless hours building and painting it!

Who can help us over the finish line with spraying shellac! :awesome:

I’ll pick it up tomorrow morning and take care of the rest.

2 Likes

james to the rescue again, thanks man!

2 Likes

It seems this project is complete. Can the topic be marked as such?

1 Like

Thanks @Snestle, done!

One thing we could stand to add to this project is foam edging around the pucks (one of the ones in the lobby has some on it, but not well attached). This would help soften the noise so it’s not so sharp and would also get the pucks spaced a little better. If you are interested in helping with that @Snestle (or anyone else), let me know and I’ll get the materials orderd.

There is an issue with putting foam on all those. Each piece of foam increases the diameter of the disk by 1/2in (1/4 top + 1/4 on bottom). With six disks, you will increase the total height 3in. They will not line up with the holes.

1 Like

If anyone can come up with a simple solution, the dividers essentially need to be thicker by some undetermined amount, would need testing or someone that is better at math than I. Lol

1 Like

I took a quick look at the discs on the connect four this morning. If we were to wrap the circumference of the discs with leather, it would reduce the noise and protect the discs when the drop on to each other. It’s both cost effective and easy to do. Anyway, just one man’s idea.

1 Like