CNC V-Carve

I recently completed a cutting board then messed it up on the planer. I had other words in mind. Anyway, I need to redo part of the board to replace what I removed.
Anyone want to talk me through this at the CNC? I have the tool paths saved but am uncomfortable setting it up and ruining the rest of the board.
I heard the online videos for Vectric are helpful. Recommendations welcome.

Can you share photos of how you damaged the board and what you want the CNC to do to fix it?

Hi Michael.
The photo is of my board with the erased lettering I carved beneath the longhorn. Everything was epoxy filled including the lettering. Board is beneath the message snip from VCarve.

I guess either the letters were not deep enough or the planer was set too aggressive. My error either way.

I need to make sure I set up the coordinates properly, I think I can do that. I’m concerned with pulling up and executing the lettering. This was my first project. I do have the tool paths saved on my thumb drive, so I think that is good too.

I googled a Vectric’s tutorial video tonight that was helpful. I just don’t want to ruin the entire board or have to re-cut everything.

Question, I only have the trial version on my laptop. Do I always have to create the toolpaths at Asmbly or is it the saving part that I don’t have with the trial version? To open the toolpaths, it wants a license, see error message in snip.

Thank you,
Kathy Hardin

Hi again Michael,
Here is the tool path from design .
I think I figured out the license bit hence the tool path below.

Hi Michael.
The photo is of my board with the erased lettering I carved beneath the longhorn. Everything was epoxy filled including the lettering. Board is beneath the message snip from VCarve.

I guess either the letters were not deep enough or the planer was set too aggressive. My error either way.

I need to make sure I set up the coordinates properly, I think I can do that. I’m concerned with pulling up and executing the lettering. This was my first project. I do have the tool paths saved on my thumb drive, so I think that is good too.

I googled a Vectric’s tutorial video tonight that was helpful. I just don’t want to ruin the entire board or have to re-cut everything.

Question, I only have the trial version on my laptop. Do I always have to create the toolpaths at Asmbly or is it the saving part that I don’t have with the trial version? To open the toolpaths, it wants a license, see error message in snip.

Thank you,
Kathy Hardin

Ok that’s an easy fix. You used the planer after an epoxy pour to level the surface? I recommend you use the CNC for that next time.

What is causing you hesitation? Do you want to cut just the names and leave the longhorn as is?

Hi Michael, I’m feeling more comfortable since I watched the tutorial. I think I may go for it and keep fingers crossed. I did load IDC bits to my VCarve data base. Even though the IDC VCarve tutorial is full of advertising, it was very useful.
I recommend that information and bit database for everyone, it provides information not included in the VCarve 12 and opens up more bit information for more types of bits.
Thank you Michael, your patience with me was great and I think I’m good to go. You helped me think it through. Kathy

I lost my confidence when the error occurred. After you let me vent, my confidence came back. I need to come in this weekend to get some work done. I also had to buy supplies. I used Steven’s bits when I cut it originally. I also worked on my lettering.

Thanks again for reading what I wrote.

Kathy