CNC Special Interest Group (SIG) this Sunday @ 9am

Hey all!

Looking forward to seeing everyone @ 9am this Sunday, May 5th, at Asmbly for our CNC Special Interest Group (SIG) Mother’s Day theme. Looking forward to seeing what you’ve been cutting up on the CNC for mommy! If you don’t have anything to share yet that’s OK too. You’re encouraged to join us and see what others have been working on–who knows…maybe you’ll get inspired?

Also, we now have vCarve 12.0 given out under our Makerspace license, so please download it to see all the updates that have been implemented. It’s more modernized, you can use a stylus to draw vectors, the inlay tool is easier to use + other goodies. All of the updates are described here: What's new in VCarve〡Vectric

Cya soon!

Joaquim

1 Like

Name Flowers for Mothers Day!

1 Like

Sketch Carving is one of V12’s biggest upgrades.

1 Like

One of my favorite new features is Keep-Out Zones.

Why didn’t somebody think of this sooner!?

2 Likes

Vcarve 12 is on the IQ machine. I used it last night to cut a wood inlay.

It looks like a restart removed Vcarve 12 from the IQ machine.

Thanks @Iammikecohen - our machines all do a fresh install overnight, so it might need to be added to the reboot restore instance. I’ve let the pc admin slack know

1 Like

V12 is reinstalled, and the baseline image has been updated.

2 Likes

Thank you @jamesfreeman.

Luckily, I saved all my gcode last session and was able to make progress on the second inlay:

So far so good.

4 Likes

This is so much more than I originally thought it was, and what a way to enhance it more by using it with AI.

Boston Bruins logo looks great! I’m a massive Redwings fan, followed by the Blackhawks—I’m loyal to the original 6. When I was still living in Los Angels, my wife & I had season tickets to the Ducks & Kings. I lived about 20 miles north of the Duck’s stadium. My earliest memories include sitting in the car with my dad listening to King’s hockey matches on the radio. Skate save by Rogie Vachon!

1 Like