CNC SIG Recap - 8/6/23 -->$100 Visa Gift Card at Next Month's Meeting!

Thank you to everyone for attending the CNC SIG Show & Tell Meeting! We had a wonderful group of people presenting their work for the world to see, and I have to tell you, it was inspiring!

Stephen showed off his epoxy skillz as well as some of the 3D art he’s playing with.

Psshh! Take a look at his 3D Asmbly flag! Doesn’t it look neat?

Brian shared with us the various joinery he’s put together. It was incredible. He had put together tongue and groove joints, compression fits, and very tight tolerance fits.

The picture doesn’t do it justice, but Brian performed all the cuts Steve posted about in a YT video: CNC Basecamp Ep002: Joinery with a CNC - YouTube. If you have any questions about joinery, Brian’s the cat to go to!

Lastly, Jose shared a treat. He cut diamond-plated aluminum on the CNC and aligned it perfectly on a dazzling walnut backdrop. Looking fancy af.

We had a terrific turnout and an avalanche of creativity! For our next month’s meeting, we have the topic “3D, Kitchen, or 3D Kitchen–Your Choice,” and a friendly competition. This means you can make anything related to those topics, and you can enter into a friendly competition where you have the chance of winning a $100 Visa Gift Card.

The winner will be chosen based on a vote after everyone has shared what they’ve created. The winner must be present at Asmbly to win. The next meeting will be on September 3rd at 9am in the MPR. Our meetings are always the first Sunday of every month.

You have a lot of time to develop to develop your 3D and/or kitchen art, and I cannot wait to see what you make! May the odds be ever in your favor.

5 Likes

Dang those are some cool projects.

The diamond plate is aluminum, right? Was that done in a single pass?

The diamond plate is aluminum, and I believe about 9 passes at 100 ipm.

Excellent re-cap Joaquim, thanks!

1 Like