Cleaning my lab. Free microcontroller and FPGA boards!?

I just started doing some year end cleaning of my EE lab to make room for some new projects. I have boxes of microcontroller and FPGA boards and I don’t see myself ever actually needing them for anything. Some are excess from personal projects, others come from a startup I was working on that has since closed doors. Everything is new (likely just old stock) or gently used and like new.

I will gladly give them to anyone willing to take them with the hope that they could still be useful for making things or just some good ol’ electronics discovery.

I’ll start with this box of ST microcontroller boards and expansion cards. There’s a couple flavors of the microcontrollers in an Arduino-compatible layout with Bluetooth, WiFi, and DC motor expansion boards.
This box could probably be divided up by 2 or 3 people if there is a lot of interest.

I’ll be at the space Wednesday night (the 22nd), 5:50pm to 9 or 10ish for the big laser course. Anyone want to meet then and take some off my hands?

I’ll post some more as I unearth them.

Next on the docket is two DE0-Nano-SoC boards with Altera Cyclone V FPGAs containing ARM Cortex-A9 cores. Also, Altera USB debug tools.

Similarly, here’s another Cyclone V board that also has an LCD and STM32 on it:

I want the Cyclone V boards!!

@dannym Sold. I also have 12 unused Cyclone Vs in a tray if interested. Figure these are a tougher sell, even at free.

Microchip PIC FlyPort, TI CC3200 Module Launchpad, Nordic Thingy 52, Atmel AVR UC3-A3 Xplained, some Silicon Labs EFM32 board (BRD2001A):

I’ll take an STM32 Nucleo and some of the expansion boards : ) on Wednesday.

@beirdo, ill set aside one of each flavor for you

My laser course was moved to Wed next week (29th). Will you and @dannym be around then? If not, I can still swing by tomorrow night. Just let me know.

Yes, I be around on the 29th. Thanks

I’m interested in the DE0-Nano-SoC board if one is still available

@Devmani, @dannym is cool with splitting the two DE0-nano-SoCs. Let me know if next Wed night (the 29th) doesn’t work for you.

Tentative yes for next wednesday. (waiting to see if I need to do an Airport pickup)

1 Like

Are there any other Cyclone V boards available? I’ve been wanting to learn FPGA dev for years now

I’d love 1 of whatever you have left, something to learn and fiddle with

All the FPGA boards are spoken for. @kingkeyan, no problem.

Hey everyone, I’ll be heading over to space with this stuff around 3pm tomorrow (Wednesday) and should be around until 9pm or so. Feel free to come and take it home.

1 Like

Be there in the next 30 min

I didn’t see this thread until now. What’s left, and when will you be at the space next?

There’s still a handful of the ST Nucleos, one set of all the expansion shields, and all of the last photo minus the Nordic IoT Thingy. I am available most nights and weekends. Let me know what works.

It’s been a few weeks since last post. Still available?

Would like to get some of the ST Nucleos (1-3?) + a BT/Wifi. Could meet up later in the week (Friday?)